After completing this week’s reading assignment, please answer the following:
- Briefly describe the grade/subject you teach or intend to teach.
- What one strategy stood out to you as the one you would most likely to utilize in your own classroom? Why?
- How might you utilize this strategy in your own classroom, and with what text(s) would you pair it?
1. Urquhart, V., & Frazee, D. (2012). Teaching reading in the content areas: If not me, then who? Retrieved from eBook Central (accessed through LIRN). If you are having trouble accessing eBook Central resources, please review the instructions: Finding a chapter in eBook Central Academic.
2. Think literacy: Cross-curricular approaches, grades 7-12. (n.d.). Ontario Ministry of Education. https://web.archive.org/web/20210430182059/http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/studentsuccess/thinkliteracy/files/Reading.pdf
Read pages 8-79 explore this list of reading strategies for pre-reading, during reading and after reading of multiple text types, focusing on the literary text ideas.