or the wrap-up of this course, it is time to weave together all the knowledge that you have gained. The goal of this project is to integrate the previous Critical Thinking Assignments into an interconnected exploration of a specific healthcare policy.
For the Portfolio Project, you will complete a two-part assignment (further explained below). Pretend that you are making an appearance before a community group that is having a policy explained to them for the first time. Imagine that the group has no knowledge of what happens behind the scenes to create and implement a healthcare policy. You will not actually be required to present this to a group, but prepare the project so that it would be acceptable for an audience of that nature.
The two documents are as follows:
- A mind map (via the Mind Map website) depicting the essential points and subpoints of your topic. Note: Think of the mind map as a visual outline of your responses to the questions listed below.
- A narrative explanation that covers the rationale, research, and processes involved in creating this healthcare policy. The narrative essay should serve as the commentary to accompany the mind map if it were being presented to the group mentioned above. Your narrative explanation should be 4-5 pages in length (not including your cover or reference pages).
In this Portfolio Project, you will analyze a national and global healthcare policy. Select a specific federal healthcare policy (other than the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) to review. Provide information related to the following points:
- Explain the initial introduction process of the original policy. Who developed it and/or sponsored it?
- Assess the research that was conducted and/or analyzed to determine the need for the policy.
- Discuss how the policy was promoted or lobbied against at the federal level.
- Evaluate the impact, or intended impact, of the policy. Please consider the viewpoints of multiple stakeholders, and include the financial impact.
- Explain how this policy affects other healthcare policies.
- Explain any moral or ethical implications of this policy.
- Review any other countries currently working toward a similar policy or that have successfully passed a similar policy. Is the process similar or different?
You can go to the CSU-Global Library’s APA resources for an APA Template Paper and replace the placeholders with your own information. This template is already formatted in APA style
Be sure your 4 to 5 page narrative paper, which does not include your cover or reference pages, follows APA style
Note: When you complete the Mind Map, you will be given a web address specifically created for the map. Type this web address at the top of the first page of your narrative, and then submit this information. Please note that you will be given a web address, as well as a view-only web address. The first address, which is not view-only, is the one that should be submitted.