case brief must include:
- Case: The name of case, citation, and year of decision. Who are the parties? What is their dispute? How did they get to court? (Note, not all facts are relevant. Use your own words and discretion to decide what facts are important to understanding the case.
- Issue: What is the basic legal question?
- Rule: What is the specific provision of law that is applicable to deciding the case?
- Application: How does the rule apply to these facts?
- Conclusion: What is the majorityâ€™s basic answer to the basic legal question in the case?
at least three pages