Part 1: Aquifers
First, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAekMSrtAL0
Then, read through this resource: https://www.usgs.gov/special-topic/water-science-school/science/aquifers-and-groundwater
And this one: https://www.livescience.com/39625-aquifers.html
- What is an aquifer?
- What is a confined versus unconfined aquifer?
- How do aquifers get recharged?
- What does it mean to use water from an aquifer unsustainably?
- What might contaminate aquifers?
- What is an artesian well?
Part 2: Watersheds
First, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq_AydC77Gs
This one is helpful too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwa_0w1jGY
- What is a watershed?
- What defines the boundaries of a watershed (If you look at the following resource, Iâ€™m asking what creates a drainage divide between watersheds)
- Where else does water go if it doesnâ€™t flow into the larger body of water? Look at the resource above.
- Where does all water eventually flow? (The second video helps.)