In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning
Write a 1000 – 1,250 word essay addressing the following questions:
In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning consists of 16 songs. You can access the album on Spotify here: https://open.spotify.com/album/3GmwKB1tgPZgXeRJZSm9WX
- Why is this album considered a concept album? You may use the attached article to help you answer this question.
- What is the concept?
- How would you characterize the lyrical themes of the album? Analyze the lyrics and name three important themes expressed on this album.
- How are these themes represented through â€œsound?â€ Your answer should focus on how the musical sound (instrumentation, vocal style, song forms, melody, rhythm, as well as studio recording techniques) characterizes each theme you have identified through lyrical analysis. I suggest not doing any research on the album so that you can open yourself up to your own interpretations. It makes it more fun for you to write and more fun for me to read.
- Use specific lyrical and musical examples from the songs to support your argument.
- Please follow the attached ruberic