Please have access to the material and use in-text citation. These are only questions. Please put the answers underneath the questions
Chapter 10: Closing the Deal
- Describe the Five Negotiation Skills in Closing the Deal and indicate how you would, or have used them in an actual bargaining and negotiation situation specifying the issues, actors, and outcomes.
- Explain the purpose of an agreement template and why a written agreement best serves to generate commitment to the agreement.
Assume the role of one of the five parties in the case as you form your answers.
- What reasons do you have for remaining with the negotiations at this point?
- Describe three tactics you can use after agreement is reached and your bargaining partner asks for one more thing.
- Detail the parts, i.e., elements of an agreement template and explain why it helped you in this negotiation.
- Identify an ideological issue in this negotiation and explain why it is more difficult than financial negotiations to resolve.
Answer the following questions and apply the Five Negotiation Skills to an actual negotiation case.
- How would an agreement template facilitate closing this deal?
- How can you react to the particular demand for limiting your time at the site, which is totally unacceptable, but not risk losing the deal?
- What technique can you sue to move Ms. White past her apparent problems with your engagement?
- How can you avoid the psychological trap of agreeing to an arrangement guaranteed to just to keep this client?
- What techniques can you use during this impromptu negotiation to build a relationship with Ms. White?
Carrell, M.R. &Heavrin, C. (2008).Negotiating essentials: Theory, skills, and practices. Upper Saddle, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall. ISBN-10: 978-0-13-186866-3.