Prior to beginning this assignment, please review all the
required readings from the first three weeks as well as the
articles you used in your literature review in Week Two.
During this course, you have been developing your knowledge
in the area of learning and cognition. In the Week Two Assignment,
there was special focus on the following constructs within learning and
- The Neurosciences: A Look at Our Brains
- Socio-Cognition: Social Interactions in Learning
- Learning and Literacy: Reading, Writing and Language Development
- Diversity and Culture: The Effects to Learning
- Connectionism and Learning: A Web of Development
These constructs, along with others, influence a wide variety
of disciplines in psychology and other fields. In the final week of
this course, you will develop a handbook based on one of these
constructs. This week, you will choose the construct that you will
concentrate on for this project. The construct you choose should be
based on the area in which you would most like to develop your
knowledge. Your choice should also consider your current interests in
psychology and support your future career goals.
Identify the audience for your handbook and the main
construct in learning and cognition that will provide the focus of your
handbook. Explain your motivation for using the chosen construct as
your focus subject as well as how this construct aligns with your future
career goals. Research five peer-reviewed articles in the Ashford
University Library focusing on your chosen construct. These articles
must provide sufficient information so that they will support your work
in the handbook. See the instructions for the Learning and Cognition
Handbook in Week Six for further clarification. Provide complete
references for each of the five articles. Format your references
according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Beneath each reference, provide an annotation that explains the
theoretical perspectives, historical trends, and/or empirical findings
within the article that describe and define your chosen construct.
Provide a concluding paragraph that synthesizes the cognitive learning
principles and theories found within the articles as they relate to
your chosen construct.
As you prepare this assignment, keep in mind that it is
designed to assist you with beginning the process of drafting your
Learning and Cognition Handbook, which is due in Week Six. The paper
should not include any quotes. It is recommended that your paper be
checked in the Writing Reviser and through Turnitin prior to submission.
- Must be two to four double-spaced pages in length,
excluding the annotated bibliography, and formatted according to APA
style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that clearly states the chosen construct.
- Must clearly discuss and explain the chosen construct with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that synthesizes the
cognitive learning principles and theories found within the articles as
they relate to the chosen construct.
- Must use at least five peer-reviewed sources from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the In-Text Citation Guide.