Comparative Summary Project
Prior to beginning this assignment, review the chapters assigned from the textbook each week of the class. Throughout the course, you have delved into the differences among healthcare settings, regulations, accrediting organizations, documentation requirements, reimbursement, coding, and classification systems, and health information management employment opportunities. These weekly activities served as building blocks for the Comparative Summary Project. Your Comparative Summary Project must include a summary of information for the following healthcare settings:
- Hospital-Based Care
- Freestanding Ambulatory Care
- Managed Care
- Correctional Facilities
- Behavioral health
- Long-Term Care
- Home Health Care
For each of the above healthcare settings
- Describe the types of care provided.
- Identify the national organization(s) and the healthcare standards for the setting.
- Identify your home state for state specific information.
- Summarize the state specific health record (i.e., medical record) documentation guidelines for the healthcare setting, including the statute, regulation and administrative code reference number.
- Summarize the state specific health record (i.e., medical record) retention guidelines for the health care setting, including the statute, regulation and administrative code reference number.
- Summarize the documentation requirements from The Joint Commission, including the standard and section (only for hospital-based care).
- Describe the reimbursement method for the healthcare setting.
- Describe a minimum of two coding or classifications systems utilized.
- Summarize at least one commonly reported database associated with the health care setting.
Identify a minimum of two job opportunities at that setting for registered health information management administrators (RHIA). For each job opportunity selected, include the following (Do not copy and paste):
- Position title
- Salary or salary range
- Educational requirements
- Experience requirements
The Comparative Summary Project final project
- Must be 8 to 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
Must include a separate title page with the following:
Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must use at least 8 sources in addition to the course textbooks.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.