As you can see in the chart above, though the United States has had the
highest health care expenditure in the world, the health status of the
entire population has lagged behind numerous developed countries. The
Affordable Care Act is aimed at promoting quality of care along with
cost reduction, but health care organizations wrestle with meeting all
of the challenges.
Present to your classmates a quality improvement & cost saving
project that you read about in a scholarly source, addressing the
following eight key questions:
- What was the health care setting (hospital, clinic, nursing home, etc.)?
- What were the problems/issues leading to the change project?
- Who were the stakeholders involved in the project?
- What was the timeframe involved in the project?
- What were the financial resources allocated to the project?
- What were the results on quality improvement?
- What was the evidence on cost saving?
- Leatt and colleagues (1997) recommended nine approaches for
successful cost cutting. Which approaches are demonstrated in your case?
Use the MHA601 Library Research Guide
for help with locating a scholarly source for this discussion. Your
initial post should be at least 300 words. Support your response with a
minimum of two scholarly sources