Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper addressing special issues in the criminal justice field. Include answers to the following questions in your paper:
- What are some issues with the juvenile justice system?
- Do you think teens should be treated like adults when they commit serious crimes? Why or why not?
- What is the connection between drugs and crime?
- Are you in favor of decriminalization of any federally controlled substances? Why or why not?
- What are some of the causes of terrorism?
- What efforts are being made to combat terrorism in the United States?
- What is the relationship between crime and technological advancement?
- What modifications to existing laws may need to occur to address crimes related to advancing technologies?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you discuss the U.S. corrections system. Include the following in your presentation:
- The primary differences between jails and prisons
- The primary difference between parole and probation
- The name and a description of a community corrections program in your area
- At least two benefits of your selected community corrections program
Format any citations in your presentation according to APA guidelines.