Create a dashboard describing the data by age group (e.g., 21-30 yrs, 31-40 yrs, 41-50 yrs, 51-60 yrs, and 61-70 yrs). The dashboard should include the graphs and charts listed in the locations described. The dashboard should be submitted as a Tableau file. A sample layout is provided in the resource, “Data Visualization With Tableau Screenshot: Preview of the Tableau Dashboard.”
- Top Left: Bar graph showing the average number of ER visits for each of the five age groups. Show the actual average values above each bar.
- Middle Left: Bar graph showing the average number of procedures for each of the five age groups. Show the actual average values above each bar.
- Bottom Left: Bar graph showing the average claim cost for each of the five age groups. Show the actual average values above each bar.
- Top Right: Pie chart showing the percent of the total sum of all claim costs for each of the five age groups. Show the actual percent values of each slice.
- Bottom Right: Line graph showing the percent of each age group that has one or more ER visits. Show the actual percent values of each group. To create this chart, first create a new calculated column, named “Has ER Visit,” that is equal to 1 when the patient has had one or more ER visits; otherwise 0. HINT: The average of a 0-1 column is a percent.
In 250 words, compare and contrast the use of Excel and Tableau in data visualization. Include specific discussion about the following in your summary.
- Software ease of use.
- Software visualization capabilities.
- Software limitations.
- Discussion of when each of these software programs is most appropriate for use.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.