Now that we have examined level 5 leaders and selecting the right people on the bus, it is time to decide where to drive the bus. In doing so, we need to review the concepts of confronting the brutal facts.
Think of two (2) environments that you have been in:
- the first being an environment that did not confront the brutal facts and where people (and the truth) were not heard,
- the second being an environment that did confront the brutal facts and where people had a tremendous opportunity to be heard.
What accounts for the difference between the two environments? What does the contrast teach about how to construct an environment where the truth is heard? Utilize the textbook readings and Week 4 Resources listed below for your references.
- Chapter 4 of Good to Great
- Chapters 6 & 9 in The Nonprofit Chief Executive’s Ten Basic Responsibilities
- Case 6.9 in Managing the Challenges in Human Service Organizations.
Please review the supplemental readings in the AHS6610 LibGuide (Links to an external site.):
- Week 4 Resources (Links to an external site.) – select the Week 4 tab in the Assignment Resources area of the library course guide.