After you have completed the Reading, and without reviewing your classmate’s responses, post your initial response to the following Discussion. Your post should be at least 400–450 words in length and should extend the discussion of the group supported by your course materials and/or other appropriate resources.
After you have submitted your initial post, take time to review your classmates’ responses and to respond specifically and substantially to at least two of them. Refer to the Discussion Rubric for specific grading explanation.
How to Measure Performance
There are many factors that influence the effectiveness of measurement and performance appraisal. In this Discussion you will identify factors that related to accurate performance measurement. You will also create practice creating operational definitions for behavior for a fictional organization described in the scenario below:
Your company, Acme Behavioral Consultation, Inc., has asked you to review a new case. Your client is Care Relief, a large in home respite care service provider for families with children who have special needs. Care Relief is funded by private pay from families as well as payment from health insurance companies. Care Relief is having some issues in the area of staff performance and they have asked for assistance with strategies to measure the performance of their staff.
Quarterly satisfaction surveys indicate that families using Care Relief services are very dissatisfied with employees providing care to their loved ones with special needs. Issues include:
- Unprofessional Behavior
For this Discussion:
- Create an operational definition for tardiness and unprofessional behavior.
- Describe the important criteria that should be included in a performance appraisal for staff at Care Relief.
- Discuss the importance of measurement and operational definitions to the creation of appropriate behavior management plans for staff.
- Describe the importance and role of Interrater Reliability in the creation of operational definitions and performance measurement.
Only Resource to be used
- Redmon, W., Johnson, M., Mawhinney, T. (2001). Handbook of organizational performance, behavior analysis, and management. Routledge, 20130403. VitalBook file.