DISCUSSION: There are two broad categories used to define Deviant Behavior, Mild and Severe. As you read Chapter Seven, what do you consider to be mild deviant behavior and what do you consider to be severe deviant behavior?
- For this discussion, establish two separate lists of five deviant behaviors. A list of five for Mild and a list of five for Severe (ten behaviors in all). Then explain why you identify each behavior as mild or severe.
- Share your response in at least two 8-9 sentence paragraphs.
- Write posts that are of sufficient length, relevant and reflect your deep understanding. Please include a question to encourage other students for further discussion. Refer to resources inside and outside the course using accurate APA citations.
Use information from this lesson to complete the following writing assignment:
All societies have rules and regulations in place to maintain control and order over their population. Violations of those rules and regulations result in the application of sanctions. Think of a recent time when you used informal negative sanctions.
• What act were you responding to?
• How did your actions affect the deviant person or people?
• How did your reaction help maintain social control?
Refer to Chapter 7: Section 7.1 in your open-textbook for information on negative sanctions.
- Your paper should be two to three double-spaced pages in length, in Arial or Times New Roman, 12 point font size.
- Be sure to reference course materials and other resources correctly. You must cite your sources using APA to receive full credit for this assignment.