– I will need 2 Response posts (only) to the 2 attached posts below. My original one will also be attached.
– 100-150 Words Each
– Supportive References
Study from this week:
Compose a post that integrates a complete Bible scripture verse and transcends all aspects of the following question(s) comprehensively and collectively as a single post.
Respond to the following questions:
Present, in a well-constructed post, the main points in one of the perspectives about Earth history held by an identifiable group of theists. There are several perspectives to choose from, as follows:
1) old-Earth standard geology (e.g., Roman Catholics, most Presbyterians; many evangelicals);
2) old-Earth gap theory (as presented in the notes of the Scofield Bible and Dake’s Bible; this used to be the teaching of the Assemblies of God, but is no longer true in many AG churches; it is taught in some fundamentalist churches);
3) young-Earth creationism (in its Earth science components only – omit discussion of biological evolution except in passing; nearly all Baptists hold this view, and a majority of evangelicals);
4) old-Earth plus new-age “lost continents” (Atlantis, and Mu or Lemuria) (held by many who say they are Christians, but who avoid the deity of Christ and who believe in reincarnation).
Consult and draw from chapters 10-12, and internet sources. Be careful to choose sources that are reliable.
Earth Science, 15th edition, by Edward J. Tarbuck, Frederick K. Lutgens, Dennis Tasa. Pearson/PrenticeHall, 2018.