Your supervisor has been asked to give a presentation on the effects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) on employer discrimination at an upcoming conference. She has asked your team to research recent court decisions and analyze the impact the ADA is having in the workplace. She will create her presentation based on your findings.
Individual deliverable: 1-2 pages (45 points possible): THis can be due by Thursday
Use the Library or other web resources to locate a recent court decision involving the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Summarize the relevant facts of the case
- Discuss how the ADA applies to this case
Please add your file.
Your assignment will be graded in accordance with the following criteria. Click here to view the grading rubric.
deliverable: 1-2 pages (55 points possible):
The Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) was designed to protect workers with disabilities against employer discrimination. As a group, discuss the following:
- In actual practice, how well does the Act achieve this goal?
- Explain the difference in protection for someone with a correctable disability and a non-correctable disability.
- How did the ADA affect the right of an individual with a correctable disability to sue an employer for discrimination?
- Support your answer with examples from the recent court decisions researched during the individual portion of this assignment.
Submit a summary of the group’s consensus.