Project format: Each page must be typed in 12-point Times New Roman or similar typeface, 1â€ margins on all sides, double-spaced. Please remember to correct misspellings and grammatical errors. On the first page, in the upper right hand corner, place your name, class title (TECH 454 – Environmental Engineering), and the date. Also on the first page, below the name block, place the title: â€œProject 3â€.
Write your answers to the following questions in Short Essay Format. Be sure to be descriptive in your answers. Include reasons and facts as required to support your answers. Cite examples.
Number your answers for each question.
- Visit a local hardware or large retail store and identify a variety of products that incorporate a rechargeable battery as part of the design. Give examples and describe for each part:
- One product that was designed for easy removal and replacement of the battery. Describe how the battery removal works.
- One product that has good labeling to inform the consumer about the proper disposal of the battery. (Think easy to see/read.)
- Describe one product that you could suggest physical modifications to its design to make it easier to access and replace the batteries. (Putting a label on the product does not count as a physical modification.)
- Use the Internet or library to help find information on wind power. What are the current barriers to the building of more wind farms? How much progress has been made in improving the efficiency and reducing the cost of this technology?
Due Date: 11/11/2013