epidemiology study summary
Choose a plausible epidemiology topic you would like to study.The topic should relate to a diverse (in terms of ethnicity, nationality, cultural, etc.) population.In APA style, write a formal paper that reads as if you had actually conducted the study.It must include the elements as outlined below and be coherent throughout.The paper should be no longer than 4-6 pages of text; about the length of a published article.Include title and references pages.
- Write the purpose of your study along with 2-3 sentences elaborating on the problem and significance of the problem related to the purpose.You may use supporting evidence from other published work to explain or support the problem you are describing.
- Write at least 2 research questions related to the purpose of the study. Be explicit rather than vague.
- Write a null and an alternative hypothesis for each of these two questions.
- (From this point on, deal with just one of your two research questions.)Identify and explain the dependent and independent variables, as well as the variable type (nominal, ordinal, etc.) for each variable.
- Describe the subjects you have included in this study, including the number of subjects and how they were recruited. Describe all the characteristics and factors of the subjects that are relevant to the purpose of the study.
- What is the basic design or type of study you have used to investigate your hypothesis? Explain how you collected your data.
- Select the statistical test needed to test the null hypothesis. The selected statistical test must be selected from the ones reviewed in this course, unless you have permission from your course instructor to use a different test. Explain why you selected the test and how you have analyzed the variables. State in general terms (not actual numbers) what your results were from the statistical analyses, and whether they led you to reject or fail to reject your null hypothesis.
- What ethical issues or bias need to be taken into consideration with this study? Please explain.
- State the implications of these findings for healthcare practice.Discuss the impact these results would have on clinical practice and healthcare policy.Use published work to give support to your discussion.
- At least three peer reviewed sources are cited and referenced.
- APA formatting and writing style, grammar.