FINAL TERM PROJECT.
Learning Outcome: Develop an operation management plan
Instructions: For this activity, you will apply the concepts of operations management to real-world situations.
You may wish to develop a business such as a retail sales operation, an online service like tutoring, or maybe a personal service such as lawn care or pet grooming as your business. In writing your paper, you should research and consider at least 4 scholarly sources (i.e. textbooks, scholarly articles from a peer-reviewed journal, etc.) As you write the paper, make sure to address the following topics:
· Will the business manufacture a product, deliver a service, broker information, offer goods for sale, or distribute goods for others?
· Will the business offer one product or service, or a range of products and services?
· Will the company have a bricks-and-mortar presence, or sell strictly over the Web?
· Will the firm be a large company, a medium-sized enterprise, or a small business?
· How will you provide /transport the service or product to the consumer?
· Will there be a need for inventory storage?
· Purchasing procedures: Identify the necessary input (raw materials necessary to generate the output, or product). Who will or can you buy the raw materials from? If you are providing a service, what supplies will you need to begin and where will they be purchased from?
· What accounting and/or purchasing system(s) will you need to accomplish buying either a product line or a service-based business?
· Quality control procedures: Identify what quality control measures you will use in order to make sure the product or service meets consumer standards.
· What are the goals of supply chain management in terms of your operations? How will these goals affect your operations?
· Discuss if you will need to implement a global supply chain management strategy. Why or why not?
· Identify any suppliers or vendors you plan to utilize and why.
· Identify and assess whether or not your business will utilize continuous improvement processes or procedures. Why or why not?
· How would the business adhere to sustainable practice and environmental concerns?
1. Refer to the APA 6th edition formatting guide and example in the APA Format Resources tab in the Begin Here section
1. Minimum of 3 outside references are required (this count does NOT include your textbook)
2. A total of 2 of the 3 sources must be from academic journals
3. In-text citations are required – using APA format only (ex: Fall, 2009; or in the case a direct quote: Fall, 2009, p. 56
4. Do not use footnotes as your citation formatting; use APA style only
5. Any/all references cited in the reference section must be included in the body copy of your report ~ and vice versa
Length: 5-7 pages of text (this excludes abstract, tables, figures, charts, cover page, references, etc.)+ any additional Media (video, audio type file limit of 5 minutes. )