Clinical Case Study
Towards the end of the semester, I would give you two (2) clinical scenarios and I will like for you to write a 2-3 page summary FOR EACH in which you will include your assessment, diagnosis and treatment recommendation. I will give you very specific guidelines together with both Case Histories later on the Term. You will turn your assignment with both Case Studies clearly indicating Case#1 and Case #2 in a WORD DOCUMENT. Please follow directions, as the biggest issue I keep having with students is not adhering to guidelines. Briefly, your assignment needs to include the following:
- The methods and strategies you would use in order to perform the initial assessment.
- Which diagnoses would you consider?
- What is your case formulation? That is more comprehensive than just the diagnosis. For example letâ€™s say you are considering â€˜Major Depressionâ€ as a Diagnosis. Your case formulation may be something like this: â€œthis patient has suffered significant recent loses in his life, and in the context of possible biological vulnerabilities (ie; history of maternal depression) and limited psychological resources he has developed a depressive conditionâ€. In the case formulation you may also include possible interpersonal, psychoanalytic or existential dynamics if you consider them important.
- What is your treatment plan?
- What else would you have liked to know about this patient, which was not given to you in the case scenario, and you think it may have been very useful in order to reach a diagnosis and develop a treatment plan?
- The important point is that I need you to show me how you do the assessment, followed by a diagnosis, good case formulation and a reasonable treatment plan. Donâ€™t write more than 3 pages FOR EACH CASE STUDY (about 1000-1200 words for EACH).
ESSENTIALLY YOU WILL BE TURNING IN THREE PAGES FOR EACH CASE STUDY. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU TURN IN BOTH IN ONE SINGLE WORD DOCUMENT
- THE FIRST PAGE HAS YOUR NAME AND TITLE.
- THE SECOND PAGE YOU WILL WRITE BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF FIVE TOPICS: METHODS, DIAGNOSIS, CASE FORMULATION, TREATMENT PLAN AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION YOU MAY WANT TO KNOW.
- THE THIRD PAGE YOU WILL EXPAND ON THE TOPICS ABOVE.