Legal Quick Guide Assignment: The purpose is to examine the legal aspects of managing a staff. You will create a guide for employees about human resource related laws employees should be aware of. The quick guide will be available to the HR Team members. It is meant to educate team members about the law, and how to respond to issues when they arise.
You must include these elements:
- The law (statute or regulation),
- A brief description of the law,
- An example of a possible case the HR team will need to address, and
- What the HR team should do if an issue arises.
What do I do now?
Use these websites to complete your task (as needed).
- U.S. Department of Labor
- National Partnership for Women & Families, Guide to the Family and Medical Leave Act
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Procedures for Providing Reasonable Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities
- EEOC, The ADA: Your Responsibilities as an Employer:
- U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- OSHAâ€™s Employer Responsibilities
4. U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division
5. U.S. Department of Labor, FLSA
6. U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division, Fact Sheet #17A for exemptions:
7. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964