You are required to learn the GPG/PGP package (learning about the applications of
private and public key cryptography to secure email messages and documents) to be
able to at least answer the following questions. Use Kelopatra software or any others
PGP based software.
1. How to generate private and public keys utilizing the keyring of PGP ?
a. Details steps on how to generate the keys?
b. The recommended key length
2. Build a certificate for your email using PGP
3. How to validate your public key and others public keys (Practical)?
4. Show a practical scenario using PGP on How to protect your private key
in case it falls into the wrong hands?
5. How to protect public keys from tampering
a. How to validate your public key and others public keys.
6. How to secure messages for exchange between you and your friends
(encrypt messages to send to one or more people) using a secrete key?
7. How to create a ciphertext message using PGP and include it in your
email for transmission as normal email on the Internet?
8. Using online certificates checker: https://www.digicert.com/help/ to check
the validity of iau.edu.sa certificate? Provide the details of the certificate?
Test also the uod.edu.sa domain? [this question is not related to PGP]
(3) G. Pgp, â€œPretty Good Privacy TM PGP for Personal Privacy , Version 5 . 0 User â€™ s
(4) â€œHow To Use GPG to Encrypt and Sign Messages | DigitalOcean.â€ [Online].
Available: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-gpgto-encrypt-and-sign-messages. [Accessed: 29-Nov-2018].
(5) E. L. Howes, â€œPGP: Key Revocation Certificates.â€ [Online]. Available:
(6) â€œProtecting Public Keys | HFC Portal.â€ [Online]. Available:
(7) â€œValidating other keys on your public keyring.â€ [Online]. Available:
any document about PGP/GPG)