1. Explain how higher education’s shift to a scientific research focus is a consequence of the education marketplace.
2.What are your thoughts regarding the Loss of Accreditation letter sent to Southeastern? Was it justified? Harsh at any point? Would you have included anything (or changed anything)?
3.If you were advising a university president or dean, would you recommend voluntary abandonment of accreditation (as in the Drake Business School article) or would you fight to retain full accreditation? What circumstnaces might exist to support voluntary relinquishment of accreditation?
- Moran, Greg (2019). Thomas Jefferson School of Law Stripped of ABA Approval. https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/story/2019-06-12/thomas-jefferson-school-of-law-stripped-of-aba-approval
- Waldman, Daniel (2019). What New Law School Accreditation Standard Could Mean for Applicants. https://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/law-admissions-lowdown/articles/2019-09-23/what-new-law-school-accreditation-standard-could-mean-for-applicants
- Loss of Accreditation Letter from Middles States Commission on Higher Education (download above).
- Tyson, Charlene. (2014, June 30), For Storied Institution, a Historic Low.
- Hicks, Lynn. (2014, April 8). Drake University gives up business school accreditation.