Read the following case study from the Center for Practical Bioethics:
APA is NOT required except for references. Use format below.
An introduction and conclusion are not required.
Part I – Complete the Questions for Discussion following the case. There are 5 questions. Number and write out each question and thoroughly discuss your answer below the question.
Questions for Discussion
1. What should be done now for Janet and her parents, and on what grounds?
2. What values underlie the statute making a pregnant womanâ€™s healthcare treatment declarations of â€œno effectâ€ while pregnant?
3. Do you agree or disagree with this statute, and on what grounds?
4. What decision would you be making as Janetâ€™s parental surrogate, and why?
5. Ought someone to be a surrogate for Janetâ€™s fetus, or not? And why or why not?
Summarize the case, explaining the legal and ethical aspects of it. Use the Heading: Summary
Research and explain any laws that pertain to the situation. Heading: Laws Pertaining to the Situation
Define and explain the ethical principles that pertain to this case. Heading: Ethical Principles
Determine if the legal and ethical responsibilities are in alignment with each other. Heading: Alignment of Ethical Responsibilities
Explain how you would recommend this care team resolve the situation by answering the following questions:
Heading: Recommendations for a Resolution. Number the question and write the question and thoroughly discuss your answer below the question.
- What specific details of the case require resolution?
- What specific actions should the organization or nurse take to ensure an appropriate outcome?
- What resources and dependencies exist for your recommendation?
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years.
Note: At least 1 of the sources should provide evidence for your resolution recommendation or plan of action.
Include an APA-formatted reference list.