For the purposes of this Assignment, you are going to develop a presentation that could educate the community on a social issue that impacts children and their families. You can choose any of the following social issues that impact children and their families: Child abuse and neglect, teen pregnancy, drug abuse among youth, bullying, teen dating violence, and suicide among youth. The presentation should be developed for students in a school setting, or for individuals in a community setting. The presentation needs to include the components listed below.
- Introduction slide that includes a description of the audience of your presentation. Be specific and include details such as the age of the children the presentation is intended for if in a school setting and the types of adults in the community setting (teachers, community members), etc. Please include the specific details in the Notes section of the PowerPoint slide. This slide should also include a justification about why community education is important with regard to the social issue you chose, and the role of community education with the topic.
- Background on the social issue that your presentation is covering including some statistics about how many people are impacted by the issue, risk and protective factors related to this issue, and so on. Make sure this information is appropriate to the audience you have chosen.
- Information about what your audience can do about the social issue you are discussing (for example, behaviors that people may be able to address).
- Discussion of the different ways in which the topic that you chose is a public health issue.
- At least two resources (websites, articles, etc.) that your audience can refer to on the topic you are discussing if they want to get further information.