- Wal-Mart is the worldâ€™s largest retailer and a highly successful company, but it has faced many criticisms related to ethical issues. Read the case Wal-Mart: The Challenge of Managing Relationships with Stakeholders.
In an APA-formatted paper of at least 4 pages, not including the cover page and references, discuss the following:
- Evaluate how Wal-Mart has prioritized and responded to various stakeholders.
- What has driven Wal-Mart’s priorities and responses?
- What can Wal-Mart do to develop an improved ethical culture?
- Using your MBA brilliance, please create solutions as to what Wal-Mart could do to respond more positively to its diverse stakeholders.
- How do you know your solutions will work? (i.e., Please use research to defend your ideas!)
Use concepts from course materials and other research you conduct to inform your paper. Be sure to cite sources that support/provide evidence for what you write. Please be certain to submit the paper through ULearn by 6pm ET on Wednesday.
2.For this weekâ€™s blog post entry, read and watch the Honey Maid Love Commercial and watch Honey Maid: This is Wholesome.
As you learned earlier in the term with the United Breaks Guitars case study, YouTube can be a powerful platform for consumers and brands to have a conversation and sometimes the conversation is not so pleasant. Watch the video from Honey Maid, a classic American brand, and think about the TV commercial, and the message they were trying to convey. Then read the article about the response to this TV commercial and provide your insight, in a well-thought 200 wordsblog entry. Your focus should reflect on the Rules of Engagement we have covered and how to handle customer issues in an appropriate way. Also, are there any comparisons or contrasts you can make between United Airlines and Honey Maid and how video marketing (whether created by an angry customer, or by the company) engaged customers positively or negatively?