1. Read the article titled â€œThe Perils and Pitfalls of Leading Changeâ€. Next, analyze the change that was implemented by Daniel Oliveira. Synthesize the change based on Kotterâ€™s eight (8) steps for leading change. Determine if Oliveira followed the Kotter model. Select one (1) of the steps to assess and determine if Oliveira accomplished this step. Why was this an important step? Comment on how following the model may have made his change successful.
2. Read the article entitled â€œLeadership Excellence: Communicate Your Visionâ€. Next, assess the consequences of leaders not being able to communicate their change vision. Discuss the outcomes of a change management plan with an under-communicated vision of change. Develop a strategy for avoiding under-communicating the change vision.
3. View the video titled â€œJohn Kotter â€“ Communicating a Vision for Changeâ€ (4 min 16 s) below. You may also view the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGVe3wRKmH0. Next, assess the means of communication that are available to us as leaders. Review Kotterâ€™s comments regarding communication, and efficient and effective communications. As the leader of a large organization implementing a change, develop a strategy for communicating your vision of change. Discuss the tools that the organization would use as well as the frequency of communication.
4. Read the article titled â€œHabits as Change Leversâ€. Reflecting on step eight (8), Institutionalize the Change, identify a change that you implemented or was implemented at an organization with which you are familiar. What impact does an organizationâ€™s corporate culture have on maintaining and sustaining change? What steps need to be taken to make ensure that a newly implemented change becomes part of the organizational culture?
5. Read the article titled â€œSustaining Change in Manufacturing Companiesâ€. Next, review the list of eleven (11) factors which impact the sustainability of change. Reflect on a change that you implemented or was implemented at an organization with which you are familiar that was not sustainable. Comment on the factors of sustaining change that were not included in the change process. How would you address the key factors which the organization missed and ultimately lead to the change being reversed?
6. Go to YouTube, located at http://www.youtube.com/, and search for an episode of â€œUnderCover Bossâ€. Imagine you are the CEO of the company in the selected episode.
Write a three (3) page paper in which you:
-Compare two (2) job positions from the episode and perform a job analysis of each position.
-Describe your method of collecting the information for the job analysis (i.e., one-on-one, interview, survey, etc.).
-Create a job description from the job analysis.
-Justify your belief that the job analysis and job description are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
-Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
The assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
7. Suggest three (3) ways that diversity can increase the number of opportunities for women in leadership. Next, analyze the significance of three (3) key aspects of the relationship between diversity and business profitability. Support your rationale with two (2) examples of said relationship.
8. Read the document â€œFeedback Report Prepared for 360 By Design Sample A,â€ located in the online course shell. You may also view the document at http://www.ccl.org/leadership/pdf/assessments/360BDsamplefeedback.pdf. Next, generate a critical analysis that includes at least three (3) leadership competencies used in the assessment. Using your analysis, judge whether these competencies are either gender neutral or biased toward a masculine style of management. Provide a rationale for your response.
9. Compare and contrast the most significant characteristics that an effective manager and leader must possess. Suggest two (2) ways that one can be an effective manager without being an effective leader and vice versa. Justify your response.
10. Assuming you have had both male and female managers, evaluate the impact of three (3) similarities and three (3) differences in their management styles. If you have not had both male and female managers, speculate on possible major differences in their management styles based on what you have learned so far in this course. Next, select the two (2) management styles that you believe are the most important for managers to utilize. Justify your response.
11. Compare and contrast the structured interview, situational interview, and behavioral interview. Determine which type of interview would be more beneficial when interviewing applicants. Support your selection.
12. In the selection of the candidate, determine if the manager should make the final choice or if others should be included in the final decision. Support your position.