Students are expected to undertake a senior project – or a senior paper. This is a very important component of this class. This writing project will be between 10-20 pages in length, excluding cover sheet, table of contents, bibliography, pictures, charts, tables, graphics, etc. This senior project will carry 100 points. In writing this paper, please remember and observe all writing principles, including proper citations, no plagiarism, illegal copying, etc. Please adhere strictly to the format below.
- 10-20 pages of content (excluding cover sheet, table of contents, bibliography, pictures, charts, tables, graphics, etc.)
- 12 pt Times New Roman Font
- 1″ margins
- Sources should be accurately cited in APA.
Format Option 1
Your introduction must include:
- Statement of what the research is about- the issue you want to write about
- Background information
- Purpose of your study – why you chose this topic- what motivated you to select this topic
- Statement of the problem- clearly state the problem you are concerned with which led you to select this topic for further investigation or study
- Finally, you state clearly what you plan to find or hope to find
- Literature Review:
Your literature review again will include a brief introduction again, stating the problem,
You then go into details of the origin of the program and then review research, studies that have been done, by whom, where and when and what has been found from these studies. Sometimes, there are some conflicting findings and you must note those conflicts.
- Methodology- methods
in this section, you describe what methods were used in those studies you have reviewed in the literature review. Was it interviews, surveys, experiments, participant observation, or whatever. In your review of literature, you will note that researchers or these authors will describe what methods they used to collect their data in their study. You basically describe those methods they used.
- Theoretical application-optional if:
This section is optional. If in your literature review you found that some researchers used some theories to support their assumptions, you can state those theories here. You simply acknowledge and state in this section that such and such theories were used by the authors in their research. It really makes your paper strong but it is optional only if theories were not applied in those articles you reviewed.
In this section, you restate what you tried to study, you restate the purpose of your study, and restate the problem that you saw which you tried to research/study. You discuss what has been found from those studies you reviewed in section three. You discuss the results and findings from those studies, noting any controversies and conflicts that you found while reviewing the literature.