Consider the ways that your family deals with life and death. Explain how your culture or religion and customs address the acceptance of a new family member (e.g., through marriage, birth, or adoption) and the loss of a beloved family member (e.g., miscarriage or death).
State your thoughts about the following:
- whether to abort a fetus who has genetic defects
- the decision regarding saving the life of the baby vs. the mother during childbirth
- a living will or Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) orders. For example, if you were in a serious accident and now required life-support systems to survive, would you want that? Alternately, if you were terminally ill, would you choose to die rather than to receive potentially painful treatment? A living will describes your desires so that your family or appointed guardian can execute your wishes on your behalf.
- Minimum of 2 sources in APA format.
- Please remember to remain professional in your initial discussion post and subsequent responses to other students. While this assignment may be asking you to share personal information about yourself, please focus on the learning objectives of this assignment. Do not share extremely personal information, and avoid judgment or unprofessional speech in your responses.