Life Cycle of a Health Care Employee- Presentation
You will create a powerpoint presentation that provides an analysis of the legal, ethical, and social considerations that are part of the life cycle of a healthcare employee.
Create a thorough analysis of the employee life cycle that includes the following sections:
- A section discussing the recruitment, interviewing and hiring of an employee. Your analysis in this section will specifically address the legalities surrounding these HR processes.(can make one slide for the steps in : recruitment, interviewing, and hiring or make bullet points of steps in recruiting, interviewing and hiring)
- A life cycle section, focusing on the performance management process for employees. You will examine the performance evaluation process in place for health care employees and examine the legal and ethical values of this process. (Include the following in your performance
management slide: Halo effect, 360 degree feedback)
- A last section, concentrating on what policies are in place to address a potential discharge of an employee based on violation of HR or organizational policies, including substance abuse. (most organization have a flowsheet for termination – voluntary and involuntary for performance management – provide a timeline of the evaluation process. for for new hires and for current staff. For example: 30 days checkin, 90 days, 6 months, 1 yr etc)
- 18–20 slides excluding your Title and Reference slides
- A minimum of five references
- Speaker Notes are required and should be included as if you were presenting your findings to a live audience.
You may wish to take time to meet and interview representatives with the HR Department to gain insight into what activities are done and what strategies are in place to ensure no legal, social or ethical inconsistencies are occurring.
Note: The work you do on this project will help you on your Final Project. Be sure to review your Final Project requirements so that you can work on this project with an eye towards collating your efforts into your Final Project.
Submitting the Project
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- use spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting and citation information found in the Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course.