Regulatory Agencies and Accrediting Bodies
This assignment is designed to give you a greater understanding of regulatory agencies and accreditation bodies, including their functions, public reporting requirements, and the how they impact quality and safety.
Select and evaluate a regulatory agency or accrediting body.
- Discuss the history of the agency or body.
- Explain the reason for its existence.
- Summarize the agency’s public reporting of quality indicators:
- Where they are reported
- Why public reporting of these metrics is important
- Explain how the agency or body operates:
- Current function
- Organizational structure
- Analyze the impact the agency or body has on quality at each level of health care:
- Health care organizations
- Nursing practice
- Patient care
Cite at least two sources in an APA-formatted reference page.
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 18- to 20-slide presentation
- 3- to 4-minute podcast
- 15- to 20-minute oral presentation
- 875-word paper
- Another format approved by your instructor