Part A is to be done with the elimination method and part B should be done with the substitution method.
Part A: Instructions:
- In the announcement area there should be a listing with your name and number assigned forthe discussion questions. If you do not see this list, email your instructor to get your assigned number.
- Please use #40 until you receive your own number.
- Access your textbook this way: Go to Content. Click on the week you’re working on. Scroll down to Week # Homework or Week # Quiz. A new page will open. You are now in the ALEKS system. Select the menu in the upper-left corner (it looks like three dashes). Select Textbook and then E-Book. You can also access the E-book when you are in Learning Mode (i.e. when you are working through your topics in the ALEKS Homework) by clicking on the E-Book icon to the right of any problem.
- Please provide the question, your answer, and all of the steps and processes you used to solve your problem. Be sure that your work is your own.
- You may post revisions based on your instructor’s feedback by the end of each week.
- Do not solve another student’s problems. Each student must be graded on his/her own work.
PROBLEM: Solve this system using the elimination method. 2x – 3y = 5 5x – 7y = 8 Solve using the elimination method and be sure to show all of your work
PART B INSTRUCTIONS:
After you post, you will see the posts of your classmates.
- Go back to your Week 1 Discussion Question A problem.
- Solve the same problem using the other method.
For example, if you were asked to solve using the substitution method for Discussion Question A, use the elimination method for Discussion Question B.
Problem: Solve this system using the substitution method. 2x – 3y = 5 5x – 7y = 8 Solve using the substitution method and be sure to show all of your work