For this assessment, assume the role of an employee relations specialist and develop a performance management plan, including negative feedback that you would present to an employee, based on a hypothetical situation.
Select one scenario from the Assessment Scenarios list ASSESSMENT SCENARIOS.docx. Based on the information provided in your chosen scenario, prepare a performance management plan and the feedback you would deliver to the employee, following the steps listed below, in order:
- Describe the real issue, and explain what the most difficult aspect of discerning the issue is for you.
- Describe your goal, and explain the performance management plan you believe is most appropriate for the scenario, including corrective actions, outcomes, and potential benefits.
- Explain what temptation you, as the HR employee relations specialist, are most likely to face and how you will resist it.
- Explain basic performance feedback practices, such as:
- Obtaining permission from the employee to engage in the discussion.
- Choosing the best time to deliver the feedback.
- Selecting the place for the conversation.
- Consider what you would say to the employee, and write the script for your negative feedback. Ensure that your script includes:
- The real issue.
- Your goal.
- A brief explanation of how a performance management plan would address the issue.
- The corrective action you would take.
- Conclude your paper with your insights into the process.
- How comfortable are you with this process?
- What information, if any, was missing from the scenario?
- Length of paper: Your paper should be 5–6 pages (double-spaced), including a references page.
- Written communication: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional. Your writing should be:
- Concise and logically organized.
- Free of errors in grammar and mechanics.
- Validation and support: Provide relevant and credible supporting evidence.
- APA formatting: Format all citations and references in accordance with APA sixth edition guidelines.