Identify a particular real-world nursing practice problem using a PICOT template (see below). Include the particular clinical setting and potential health/disease issue you will examine. Identify and fully describe the research that has taken place within the last 5 years.
Your case report must include the following:
- Introduction with a problem statement.
- Brief synthesized review.
- Description of the case/situation/conditions.
- Proposed solutions describing the validity and reliability of the research you have read.
- Use at least two additional scholarly research sources published within the last 5 years.
- 1200-1500 words.
- Population/ Patient/Problem: Who is your patient? (disease or health status, age, gender, race, sex)
- Intervention: What do you plan to do for the patient? (specific tests, therapies, medications)
- Comparison: What is the alternative to your plan? (for example, no treatment, different type of treatment, etc.)
- Outcome: What is it that you want to accomplish, improve, measure, etc. (fewer symptoms, no symptoms, full health, etc.)
- Time: What is the time frame to achieve the outcome? (This element is not always included, so that’s why it’s in parentheses.)