Write a procedural email message to employees reminding them of standard operating procedures or organizational changes that take the form of step-by-step instructions. Be creative, or use an issue applicable to your work environment.
The message should take the form of an email; however, you will submit your assignment to the online course shell.
The procedural message must adhere to the following requirements:
- Introduce the main idea of the message in a concise, informative manner.
- Itemize three to five (3-5) key points with detail.
- Provide information about where and to whom questions should be directed.
- Use a descriptive subject line or heading.
- Use bullets to separate ideas and simplify reading.
- Include an appropriate and professional greeting / salutation.
- Use email form including: To:, From:, Subject:, and Signature.
- Clarity / Mechanics:
- Ensure that there are no grammar or spelling errors.
- Ensure that there are no clarity, writing, and mechanical errors.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, single-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Use writing process strategies to develop brief business documents, such as routine messages, bad news messages, and persuasive/sales messages.
- Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, and explanations.
- Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Use sentence variety and effective word choice in written communication.
- Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.