Roughly, everyone will be asked about 5-7 questions
• Ideally: two from the content questions and three from
the significance/ interpretation questions
• You will have about two minutes to answer each
question. It’s a good idea to practice and time yourself.
• Depending on time, at the end of each of the two
sections (content and significance/interpretation) and
after everyone has answered at least two to three
questions from the section, I will open it up for a few
minutes to ask if anyone wants to add anything further
from that section, or build from something someone
else had mentioned.
SOWK 312 36
• What is the purpose and rationale of the
• What kind of methodology and approach to
analysis were utilized in this reading?
What are the main findings outlined in the
What are the main conclusions made by the
• How are the conclusions supported by the
evidence examined in the reading?
: Significance and Interpretation Questions
• How are the purpose and findings in the reading
significant to our knowledge about social policy?
• Is the purpose of the reading worthy? Why or
• How does the reading support the argument for
greater inclusion of service users’ participation
in the development and evaluation of social
programs and policies?
• How does the reading relate to particular
concepts addressed elsewhere in other
SOWK 312 38
Tutorials: Significance and Interpretation Questions
• How does the reading support or challenge
ideas or positions presented elsewhere in
other assigned readings?
•Given the main points addressed in the
assigned reading, what are the implications
for social work policy practice?
•What questions would you ask the authors to
gain a better understanding of the findings?
•What other policy research questions should
be asked given these findings and