Read the poem below and answer the questions that follow. Please answer in complete sentences.
- How does the poet convey the experience of “Apple-picking” through imagery? Cite and explain at least two examples.
- Is the poem really just about picking apples?
- Why does the speaker think that his dreams will be “troubled”?
- The poem uses the word sleep 6 times. What is the underlying significance? What is the secondary meaning of the word and what is the speaker’s attitude toward this?
- How is the woodchuck’s sleep different from “Just some human sleep”?