For the final in this course, you will create a photographic essay to illustrate a social problem, summarize and discuss that social problem using sociological concepts and one sociological perspective, and research two different social movements devoted to solving or alleviating this social problem. Final Directions:
- Review the Photo Essays that are presented throughout your text.
- Choose a social problem of interest and important to you. Create your own Photo Essay that illustrates the social problem.
- In at least 400 words summarize and discuss the social problem using sociological concepts discussed in the text.
- In at least 400 words analyze the social problem using one of the sociological perspectives (structural-functionalism, conflict, or symbolic interactionist) presented in the text. How would this sociological perspective examine and explain the social problem?
- Research two different organizations or social movement devoted to solving or alleviating this social problem. In at least 400 words compare and contrast the methods or strategies these organizations use to address the social problem and your evaluation of these methods.
- Turn in a document that includes the photo essay, summary of the social problems, analysis using the sociological perspective, and evaluation of organizations that address this social problem. Document should be approximately 1200 words plus the Photo Essay.