The Acme Corporation is a new startup that wishes to sell their new phone, called Acmephone, to the public. Acmephone plans to offer two options. 1) a secure version of the phone designed for business organizations called the Acmephone B+, and 2) a highly secure version of the phone designed for the government, called the Acmephone G+.
Due to the fear of corporate espionage and government security requirements, there are many security concerns that must be addressed. As a network security professional, you have been employed to design a network infrastructure for their two campuses located in Atlanta and Cincinnati based upon the following specifications:
- There needs to be a constant connection between the two locations that can carry at least 50 Mbps of data.
- Each facility has three floors. The buildings are rectangular with each floor 350’x350’.
- There will be 200 network connections on each floor with an additional 100 network connections in the data centers located on the third floor of each building.
- The primary data center will be located at the Atlanta location.
- There will be a failover data center at the Cincinnati location.
- Each location should be protected from intrusions that are not limited to state change attacks.
- The Atlanta location will house the two secure development teams. As such, it will need the a greater level of security. The primary database servers and the corporate Web servers will be housed at that location as well.
- Database servers will also be located at the Cincinnati site as well.
- All servers must have redundancy.
- The solution must have a plan to verify security measures.
Your job is to develop a network design to meet the requirements above.
- Submit a network drawing, specific to Acme Corporation, listing the network’s topology including any necessary hardware.
- List any recommended cabling for this installation.
- Recommend wiring closets and their configuration wherever you determine they are needed.
- Recommend ways to ensure that the network is safe from being attacked.
- Make recommendations for traps to stop attackers.
- Include recommendations for WAN connections.
- Include recommendations for wireless technology.
- Include recommendations for any technology needed in the data center for high availability.
- Justify your recommendations with external sources referenced using APA format.