Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper from the perspective of your chosen empire in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Address the following:
- The alliances to which the empire belonged and their primary allies
- How concerns for security, strength, and wealth led the empire to enter these alliances
- How other empires’ expansionism fueled a race for empire
- Major imperialist activities of this empire during the 19th century
- How concerns for security, strength, and wealth led the empire to seek to expand colonial holdings
- How the empire’s alliances and imperial ambitions led to its involvement in World War I
Include at least one reference from a peer-reviewed periodical.
Cite at least two primary sources.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.