Write an essay in which you analyze and evaluate the development of a fiction story from the Part 1 readings. Poetry or nonfiction will not work for this assignment. The essay should contain an introduction, body, and conclusion, be 1-2 pages in length, typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font, size 12. Please save as a Word document and submit as an attachment to be graded.
I pick this one: "When Grizzlies Walked Upright" and I attach you this story (three pages)
• Analysis is NOT summary. Focus on themes in the story. Analysis is the practice of looking closely at small parts to see how they affect the whole. Literary analysis focuses on how plot, character, setting, and many other techniques are used by the author to create meaning.
• Identify key choices the author made in writing the story. For example, consider where the story is set, how the action is ordered, or how the characters are introduced and developed.
• Analyze the impact of the author’s choices, discussing how these decisions affect both the story’s meaning and the reader’s experience.
• Organize your ideas so that each new idea builds on the one it follows to create a unified whole.
Read the story several times. Take notes on its themes, characters, setting, plot, and so on. Be sure the notes include looking beyond the surface to the deeper meaning the author is trying to relay. Include how the author’s message and the story’s themes then impact setting, characters, plot, and so on. Analysis also looks at why the meaning is important.
1) Academic Honesty Statement
You must include the below paragraph in the comments box ALONG WITH your NAME and DATE.This information is worth part of your grade (see the grading rubric for this assignment). For further information regarding plagiarism, please see the Academic Honesty Policy in the Student Handbook.
I, TYPE IN YOUR NAME, certify that I have personally completed this assignment based on my own personal efforts. I understand if I use outside sources, I must properly give my source(s) credit using the APA format and my paper should not include more than 20% of direct quotes from other sources. I understand if I do not provide proper credit to outside sources, I will be documented for plagiarism and be required to resubmit a new assignment. I will not divulge the content of this assignment or any of my work, generally or specifically, to any current or future James Madison High School students. DATE: