- We will use the term cyber security to stand in for the various other terms people use for the idea of protecting computers from hackers.
- Officially, the term is cracked, but most people say a system was hacked to mean it was compromised.
- The term social engineering means compromising information by getting someone with access to let you in.
- The term denial of service means sending so many requests for information to a server that it crashes under the load.
- The idea of a bot net is that hackers install software on your computer that allows them to in some way control it.
- The term phishing describes the situation where a hacker disguises themselves as a legitimate organization to get you to enter information they want.
- In cross site scripting a hacker uploads code that sends your info to their site instead where you think it is going.
- In SQL injection a hacker inserts a query into a site’s code to get it to reveal data from the system’s database.
- The term for malicious, but minor acts of defamation on the web is Trolling
By now you should be pretty familiar with the vocab words of this module. So, you should be able to use them properly and creatively
- Read over the vocabulary words one more time
- Compose and type in a story that shows you really understand each of the words
- Be creative but be sure what you type shows you understand (not just can type) the words
- Use all the vocabulary words
- Type them exactly as they are typed above (same pluralization, capitalization, tense, etc.)