Prepare a summary brief (10-12 pages) for senior leaders on how Joint Commission accreditation helps the organization comply with regulatory requirements, improve quality, and meet stakeholder needs. Include a recommendation about other accrediting bodies that might benefit the organization.
SCORING GUIDE MUST BE FOLLOWED TO THE LETTER
- Shaw, C. D. (2015). How can healthcare standards be standardised? BMJ Quality & Safety, 24(10), 615–619.
- Wickersham, M. E., & Basey, S. (2016). Is accreditation sufficient? A case study and argument for transparency when government regulatory authority is delegated. Journal of Health and Human Services Administration, 39(2), 245.
Joint Commission Standards
- CMS reg in limbo, but Joint Commission standard kicks in. (2018). Hospital Infection Control & Prevention, 45(1).
- Murray, K. (2016). Leadership Q&A.; The Joint Commission patient safety standards. Nursing Management, 47(1), 56.
- Murray, K. (2016). The Joint Commission patient safety standards. Nursing Management, 47(1), 56.
- Stern, G. (2017). Using a scientific approach to meet Joint Commission AEM standards. Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology, 51(2), 157–162.