This week’s module examines how we can improve the patient experience, improve the health of the population, and reduce costs. We will also examine the concept of patient centered care in this new age of medical practice. The role of Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies, and patient and healthcare worker safety will be a major focus. Quality measurements such as patient satisfaction surveys and error control mechanisms will be examined.
After completing this module, you will be able to do the following:
Chapter 7 (28 pages) of Nickitas, Middaugh, & Aries, (2016).
Katz, M. (2014). As needed for research.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Produce the Assignment submission in a single Microsoft Word or Open Office document. Be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Discuss mechanisms that you can implement which will reduce medical errors. Which departments will interact to ensure patient safety and how?
Assignment Description: This assignment will be at least 1500 words or more
This week you will reflect upon patient safety and satisfaction to answer the following questions:
- How can patient safety measures lead to cost savings?
- Briefly define the Joint Commission’s role in healthcare.
- Reflect on your future role in healthcare, and how you will contribute to patient safety.
- How do you see the role of the chief nursing officer regarding patient safety?
Assignment Expectations: How will students be successful?
- 1500-2000 words (6-8 pages); answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner
- Include a title page and reference page in APA style
- Two scholarly references are required; you should include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions