Write a 4–6 page paper (six pages maximum) in which you reflect on
how the person you are today has been influenced by your group affiliations. I am an immigrant from the middle east.
1. Explore, describe, and define your own cultural group(s) and cultural identify. Think
about your personality, places you have visited, people you have met, and discuss
how or why these places or people have changed your attitudes or actions.
2. Examine your unique worldview, which includes your assumptions and perceptions. You
can also consider the diversity within your family. How different are you from your
siblings or from your parents?
3. How have your reference groups (race, ethnicity, gender, social class, religion, and sexual
orientation) influenced your development as a person?
4. Describe your sense of ethnic or racial identity. Do you consider yourself a member of an
ethnic or racial group? Why or why not? What labels do you use to describe your
identity? What labels do others use?
5. What information from the course text or other scholarly source supports your ideas?
What questions have they raised for you?
Be sure to include source citations in your paper and include the course text to support your
ideas. A minimum of three sources are required. The paper must follow APA format.