Pick an artist you are interested in from any time period, working in any medium, except Frida Kahlo, Vincent Van Gogh, Andy Warhol, Salvador Dali and Bob Ross. (Sorry these artists are too familiar. I want you to find an artist you don’t know much about). Take a chance on a film director or a sculptor or ceramicist.
Research that artist and address ALL of these prompts:
- the history of their life,
- events happening at the time they live or lived and were working,
- other art movements happening at the same time they were working,
- their theories on art,
- what if any art movement they belong or belonged to,
- a summary of their body of work- did they pioneer a new direction in their medium,
- what were the main elements and principles of design they tend or tended to use,
- what of the 6 functions does their art employ,
- what art criticism have they received (which of the theories are applied to their work) and do you agree or disagree with that assessment, does the artist?
You’ll have to read not only about the artist, but articles written about their work (from art magazines for example, books written) and research the time period in which they were working.Remember to cite resources correctly and use your own words.